1970s JHS copy of a Gibson Marauder

guitarz.blogspot.com:
This 1970s-era JHS branded guitar is another copy of one of the lesser known - and certainly more unpopular - Gibson solidbodies. I always used to like the Gibson Marauder design back in the day; I think The Buzzcocks used them and to me they were very punk rock. I also liked the use of a Flying V type headstock on an LP shaped body.

The seller of this JHS copy, however, makes some very weird claims about it:
I bought this fantastic guitar off a friend about a year ago, who didn't know a lot about it.

Once I acquired the guitar, I did some research into its history and I was pleasantly surprised!

It turns out that in the late 1970s, there were a lot of Gibson Marauder copies being sold under different brand names such as Avon, Cimar, ESP, Maya, Rose Morris, CSL and finally JHS (now known as Vintage & Encore).

After digging a little deeper I found out on a forum that all of these guitars were made in the same factory where the Gibson Marauders were made in the late 70s.

This leads me to believe that the spec of the guitar is very similar if not completely the same as the Gibson's. This is because it would be very odd for them to have separate production lines because of pricing and tooling etc.
I find it very hard to believe that these copy guitars would be made in the same factory as the Gibson originals. Surely the copies are Japanese in origin, and outside of Gibson's Orville and Orville by Gibson brands, Gibson guitars have always been made in the USA. Can anyone confirm or deny the seller's claims here, or at least explain where his story has gone off the rails?

This guitar is currently listed on eBay UK with a Buy It Now price of £180.

G L Wilson

© 2013, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

Postingan terkait:

Belum ada tanggapan untuk "1970s JHS copy of a Gibson Marauder"

Post a Comment